Answered By: Michael Pujals Last Updated: Jul 21, 2014 Views: 33
In order to reserve audiovisual equipment, you must fill out the AV Request Form.
Filling out a form does not ensure a reservation; your reservation will be confirmed by phone or email if it can be accommodated. All requests are honored in the order that they are received, so reserve as early as possible.
If you no longer need the equipment you have reserved, you must call the Library Circulation Desk at 415-485-3251 or emailin order to cancel your reservation.
Library Check-Out Procedures:
- All equipment will be checked out and returned to the Library Circulation Desk.
- All portable equipment must be PICKED UP AND RETURNED to the Library Circulation Desk.
- It is presumed that you know how to operate the equipment that you check out. Training at the time of check-out is not available. It is recommended that equipment be checked out well in advance to allow time to become familiar with using it successfully.
- The faculty or staff member who checks out the equipment accepts full responsibility for damages or costs incurred to the University or to other departments if equipment has been damaged from misuse and is unusable, or if equipment is not turned in on time for its next reserved use.
- Students may check out audiovisual equipment from the Library Circulation Desk. Faculty and staff may authorize the use of University audiovisual equipment by students by signing an authorization form for the student. Students must obtain the form from the Library Circulation Desk and get an authorized signature from their faculty or department head BEFORE making a reservation or checking out equipment. Faculty and staff assume responsibility for equipment used under their authorization. Faculty and staff have first priority for use of the University's audiovisual equipment.
- The check-out period for all equipment is 24 hours. Audiovisual equipment accrues overdue fines, so equipment must be returned on time. Currently, the fines on audiovisual equipment are $1.00 for the first hour and $0.25 for each hour after that.