Answered By: Michael Pujals Last Updated: Jan 26, 2018 Views: 2
Answered By: Michael Pujals
Last Updated: Jan 26, 2018 Views: 2
- Open the Word document, and click at the top of the page where you want to start numbering pages.
- On the Page Layout tab on the ribbon, in the Page Setup Group, click the Breaks > Continuous.
- On the Insert tab, in the Header and Footer group, click Page Number. Choose the position in the header or footer where you want the page numbers to appear.
- On the Header and Footer Tools Design tab, in the Navigation group, click to deselect Link to Previous.
- Scroll up one page and delete the page number from the header or footer. You should now have no page numbers at the beginning of your document; only pages from where you inserted the continuous break to the end of the document will have page numbers.
Scroll back down one page (to the page where you inserted the continuous break) and highlight the page number in the header or footer.
- On the Insert tab, in the Header & Footer group, click Page Numbers > Format Page Numbers.
- Select the Start at: radio button and enter 1 into the textbox. Click OK.
- Double‐click anywhere in the body of the document to exit the header and footer. Page numbers have been added to the document.
The attached document has screen shots with the directions.
Contact a Reference Librarian