Answered By: Last Updated: Jan 27, 2022 Views: 11
Last Updated: Jan 27, 2022 Views: 11
Liaisons are the librarians that work most often with individual departments and are most familiar with the subject matter.
Library liaisons can:
- Keep you updated about library services, resources, and policies
- Convey your concerns and requests to the University Librarian
- Support your research interests by locating and recommending relevant information resources
- Provide you with resource guides tailored to your course(s) including books, journals, online databases, audio/visual material, and internet resources
- Work with you to expand the Library collection to make it more pertinent to the learning and teaching needs of your program.
- Offer one-on-one consultation
- Help you in identifying resources needed for your course(s)
- Collaborate with you to integrate information literacy into your coursework
- Provide in-class lectures to introduce your students to basic information literacy skills
- Provide tailored training sessions based upon discipline or course to your students